I realize that my writing has been sporadic, but please trust me when I say that at the end of the day when someone's engagement gets called off and dealing with the repercussions, the last thing on anyone's mind would be writing! It's been that kind of nearly a month dealing with panic attacks, engagement being called off and other things. My sincere apologies for not writing in frequently, but I was also suffering from writer's block. The kind in which no matter how hard you try, something or the other keeps getting in the way you reaching your computer to actually start writing! If there is a moment that has to be had, it was so rushed that I was happier not to use it than write just for the sake of having to string together 300 words, regardless of thoughts.
I would like to conclude this blog post, by responding to a mail I received from a teenage boy. He wrote that he has been passionate about writing, photography and journalism from childhood and would like my help to great a break in journalism. He went on to write that if I don't help him, he said he has no option but to end his life! The reason I chose to respond to this e-mail publicly is because I'm sure there are more such youngsters out there who feel the frustration this boy is feeling.
Suicide, however, is not the answer. Your passion will not die out because one person did not understand it. Your talent won't fade away because one person didn't recognize it. Believe in your abilities, not in what others think you are capable of. All great photographers, film and sports stars, leaders, reformers, musicians, authors have had to struggle at the onset of their respective journeys. Why be afraid to go through that if you seek a better existence? Please put aside these fatalistic thoughts, stay focussed on your goal and keep working on your craft. I'm sure your quest to become a journalist will bring you to Delhi and who knows, maybe our paths may cross. If I am to help you in journalism, it won't be because you wrote to me because you will impress me with your dedication, hardwork and talent.
Anuradha things always happen for the better, this is what I truely believe in..God certainly have better plans for you coz u deserve the best :)
ReplyDeleteAs for the boy , he should understand that suicide is not the answer for anything in life..instead of thinking about thoughts that take us towards the wrong track, we should think about a way that would lead us towards a bright future...God has the best plans for each one of us...its up to us to wait for them to materialise or give up and suffocate the hope that gives a meaning to our life.